Spray tanning before and aftercare and advice
I recommend you obtain a patch test, if you have never used any self-tanning products before or have sensitive skin.
Do not use any other self tanning products 1 week before treatment.
Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
On the day of your Fake Bake treatment DO NOT wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake Spray Tan.
Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
Relax whilst I guide you through your treatment. First I will ask you to wear sticky soles that temporarily adhere to the bottom of your feet. These will stop your feet discolouring. Then I will then prepare your skin with Fake Bake Oil-Free Moisturizer Body applying on hands, knees, elbows and feet to ensure your spray tan blends naturally. Your Fake Bake spray tan will then be expertly applied.
The whole treatment lasts less than 10 minutes. Immediately after your spray tan we recommend you allow a few minutes for the tan to absorb before dressing. Fake Bake spray tan will not smell of DHA, the tell-tale sign of a recently applied tan. The initial tan colour you’ll see is actually the cosmetic guide colour.
Immediately after your spray tan:
• Wear loose clothing.
• Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact.
• Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
• Allow tan to develop for at least 6/8 hours (overnight if possible).
• Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
• Avoid activities that make you perspire.
• Drink hot beverages through a straw as contact with a hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops.
After your tan has developed:
Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water. Once the water runs clear gently wash your self with a mild soap.
Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as they can strip colour.
Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
To prolong your tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily, locking in colour. This will also hydrate your skin.